Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Arrieviderci!

Spent last dinner at Pasquale's, a local place run by ample Italian mother and lovely daughter. Great home-style cooking. Lit by harsh flourescent light, like police central booking. (Not that I'd know.)
Today started at 3am NY time. Breakfast followed by ride to Turin airport, 8+ hr. charter to JFK w/ 2 meals enroute. Arrived 3:30 NY time, followed by mega laundry session and takeout Chinese w/ Amy. Now 10pm, 4am Torino time. 24 straight hrs before I'm done, at least.
A fitting finish to this marathon. I've learned a tiny bit of what it feels like to be Italian. Being in a culture thousands of years old lets you obseve people who've learned how to live. Yesterday while on a city bus I watched a mother shower her 3 year old daughter with kisses about the face. It summed up what I saw in the people here. It's been a pleasure to live in this place long enough to really get a sense of it.


Thanks to all who joined me on this journey, both at work and at home. Hope I've been able to capture what this felt like.
Viva Italia!
Love,
Billy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home