Wednesday, February 15, 2006

You heard it here first

We had many laughs today with the continuing Cheney story. I believe the guy he shot is already dead, but they are breaking it to us gently. It reminds me of the old joke about the guy who's watching his sister's cat while she's away. She calls and asks him "How's the cat?" He says: "The cat's dead." She says: "The cat's DEAD?!" "What happened?" "Well, the cat climbed on the roof and fell off. It's dead." She says: "You could have broken it to me more gently than that. You could have said: "Well the cat's on the roof." Then when I called back you could have said: "The cat fell off the roof and I took it to the Vet." Then when I called back you could have said: "The Vet did all he could, but it didn't make it."He says, "Okay." She asks: "How's Mom?" He says: "Well, she's on the roof...."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The latest is that they may press charges against Cheney. I wonder if part of his defence will be "that depends on what you mean by the word shot". At the very least he could have used clean shot so the poor guy would not get an infection.

Maybe the real story is that this guy was a large contributor and they set it up to prove that he is not influenced by anyone. Yes we gave him some large government contract, but look, I shot him!

Anyway, hope the snails were good. I think Mary may be on to something with the snail breakfast options, we should talk when you get home.

The other S clan in CT

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home